Sunday, October 08, 2006

Still no word on my novel submission but I'm still holding positive thoughts.
However, my mind has been troubled by other thoughts these last few days. I found out on Friday that a girl [she is/was a woman but I will always think of her as a twenty-something girl] whom I was once close to died this past summer. Dyan and I hadn't been in touch for over thirty years but whenever I thought about the first few years after I graduated from nursing school, memories of Dyan are right in there with everything else. We attendedth esame snursing schol in NYC. Dyan graduated a year behind me. She and I worked the same shift at the same hospital [different units] after graduation and we hung out often after work. Dyan had an infectious laugh and a wonderful sense of humor. She was a fun, caring person to be with and it's hard for me now to reconcile with the fact that she is no longer in this world. I wish her peace.

No comments: