Tuesday, March 03, 2009

It never hurts to learn something new

In my never ending quest to write the perfect novel [is there really such a thing?], I am now taking an e-course to get me through both novels I am currently writing.
The course is going to focus on the first three chapters, and especially the first three pages, where it's a must to hook the reader - and an editor/agent/publisher.
Subsequent courses are going to focus on other aspects, such as subplots and pacing. While some of the information really isn't new, it never hurts to go over important aspects of the novel to fine tune. I find just the idea of discussing writing to be very motivating and energizing. I highly recommend taking a course like this whenever you feel stuck in your writing.

2 comments:

Perle Champion's Job Search said...

What e-course? I have two novels written, but the rewrite is killing me. Started an e-book instead. Working my way thru 'Refuse to Choose' by Sher - Feeling scattered.
Perle
p.s. love the cat's pix on your other blog.

Joy Collins said...

Go to http://bootcampfornovelists.com/
to see what courses are available. The cost is very reasonable.
Good luck!