Saturday, July 18, 2009

Find your voice

A dear friend passed away this week and my husband and I have been involved with the family as he was mourned and eventually laid to rest yesterday. He was a dear man who touched many lives and truly made a difference. And he did it in his own particular way in his own inimitable style.
That inspires me. I want to be remembered in that way. My friend's tool was in his speech, his example, his counseling of friends. My tools are my written words. As I grow older, I am emboldened to speak out. I may never be an activist who stirs a crowd with an impassioned speech but I have a keyboard that has the power to reach many people. I intend to use it.
I encourage all of you who fancy yourselves writers to do the same thing. You never know who you may inspire to greatness. And what a legacy to leave behind. To leave this world better for having been in it is the greatest gift.

1 comment: